Geography (alternates with Science & History)
LESSON : World Geography
RESOURCES : World Encyclopedia, Atlas
1. Map: Draw a world map on unlined paper. Using an atlas, locate and label: continents; oceans; and major seas, rivers, lakes, deserts, mountains, forest, grasslands, reefs, etc.. Draw a key indicating topography, a compass, and a scale converting miles to inches.
2. Report: Write a report comparing world governments such as communism, tribal, republic, democracy, dictatorship, etc..
3. Chart: Make a chart on world religions such as Christian, Buddhism, Moslem, etc. indicating central figure, theology, and belief of eternal life.
4. Project: Make a passport and an airplane ticket to all seven continents. Make a map of your destination planning to stop in a specific city in all seven continents. Make a tour guide or vacation diary of each particular place, illustrating and labeling-- foods eaten, places seen, dress of major ethnic group, style of homes, resources, animals, plants, religion, language, etc.
5. Skills: Using a world map, practice locating cities or countries, when given the longitude and latitude. Calculate the time for each country.
Extra: Watch video or read book, Around the World in 80 Days.
© Copyright 1999 SOW