For more information about hosting a SOW Conference or Workshop in your area, see a sample of a SOW Conference.
Dear SOW Conference Host,
Though we have 5 children, 3 of these are on there own, now. We minister best as a family; because, we believe each one of the members in our family has something to share through song, testimony, teaching, exhorting, etc. When we are asked to speak as guests at a convention or hold a SOW Seminar, at least 2 of our family members will be sharing or participating in some kind of capacity. See author page for more detailed information.
We have written and successfully used the SOW Curriculum, a K-12th Bible centered curriculum. See SOW Conference for a sample of a SOW Conference. The SOW Conference is dedicated to imparting a vision of discipleship to Christian parents and explaining how to disciple your children. See SOW Curriculum for more detailed information.
Topics: Father's and Mother's Role in the Family; The Family and the Church; Family Devotions; How to Inductively Study the Bible; Apprenticeship?; Courtship or Dating; How to Teach your Child to Read Inexpensively, Easily, and Successfully; Teaching English, Spelling, Writing, & Literature with a Purpose; A Godly Perspective in Science Geography, & History; Biblical Vision for Discipleship; Teach your Children How to Walk with God; How to use the Bible as the Main Text; Home Management: Time, Money, & Duties; How to Disciple your Children; Training Infants & Toddlers; Evaluating and Testing. * Most of these topics are included in the SOW Curriculum.
There are two ways we can speak in your area. You can invite us as guest speakers for a conference, convention, or fair in your area or you can host or sponsor a SOW Conference in your area.
I. GUEST SPEAKER:
If you invite us as guest speakers to a convention, fair, conference, church, etc.:
1. We ask that you pray for us and those attending.
2. We ask that you provide travel, food, & lodging expenses for our family, which is about $300.00 per day. This includes lodging, meals, & gas. To cut down cost, we would be glad to stay in Christian homes and eat with Christian families, while in the area. This would mean paying for only our gas bill.
3. We ask that you provide a 2 booth space and table with electric outlet for displaying and selling the SOW materials without an exhibitors fee.
4. We will place a link or information on our website, www.sowcurriculum.com concerning your area's convention or conference.
II. HOST A SOW Conference (one or more days) OR SOW Seminar (2-4 hours):
If you host a SOW Conference or Seminar:
1. We ask that you pray for us and those attending.
2. We ask that you provide travel, food, & lodging expenses for our family, which is about $300.00 per day; or, we can charge a registration fee for all those who come to the SOW Conference or Seminar. (See sample SOW Conference registration form). This registration fee will pay for travel, food, lodging, & material expenses. The registration fee will be determined by size and distance of conference. Also, to cut down cost, we would be glad to stay in Christian homes and eat with Christian families, while in the area. This would mean only paying for gas prices. Spouses and children may attend free. There is usually no child care; so, children must be supervised at all times by their parents. All SOW registration forms and fees will be sent by mail to SOW Curriculum, P.O. Box 680, Tylertown, MS, 39667. If we do not get an adequate number of people responding (registering) for the SOW Conference or Seminar by a certain dead line; we have the right to cancel the event.
3. We ask that you publicize by placing an announcement in your area's homeschooling newsletter or support group, place a free ad in the religious, people, or event section of your area's newspaper, and distribute the SOW Conference or Seminar registration form to interested families at least 4 weeks in advance of event. You may use our logos and other SOW materials with permission.
4. We ask that you provide a facility that will comfortably seat 150 to 300 people. We will need at least 1 hour to set up and at least 2 hours to pick up materials. We ask that you provide two -three 8 ft tables with electric outlet to display and sell SOW materials. The host is responsible for setting up and cleaning the facility and any cost for using the facility. Please have coffee, water, and drinks provided free or for sell.
5. You will receive a SOW Conference or Seminar ad or registration form to copy & distribute in your area. (See sample SOW Conference registration form). We will place the SOW Conference registration form or ad on our website, www.sowcurriculum.com. We ask that you provide us the below information at least 4 weeks before the event.
a. Confirmed date of the SOW Conference. We ask that you get a signed affirmation allowing us to use the facility on the chosen date.
b. The name and address of the facility with a brief statement giving directions from the nearest freeway and a street map of the area.
c. A host or coordinator phone number and/or email address for others to contact for more information in your area.
d. Names and phone numbers of several clean and nice hotels, motels, etc. in the area.
e. Finalize topic selections, # of speaking hours, lunch provided or not, registration fee or pay fee, nursery, etc.
6. The host or coordinator of the SOW Conference or Seminar will receive 20% commission for all SOW I material sold at the event. The host may become a SOW Rep and distribute personal SOW fliers or brochures (with contact information) to receive commission on possible more sales. See SOW Rep form for more information.
Note: After reading the information on hosting a SOW Conference, please read our website to make sure you are in agreement with our beliefs in the Christian faith, philosophy of education, and family goals before contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.